Get to know the 2024 THT Board Chair, Raul Zamora, a trustee at Uvalde Memorial Hospital.
- How did you get involved on your hospital board? How long have you been on the board?
I was recruited by a retiring board member who asked if I was interested in serving on the hospital board. After much thought, I accepted and have served for the past 43 years.
- How did you get involved with THT?
I have attended THT’s annual conferences for many years and find THT a great venue for staying current on the latest healthcare events, networking, and connecting with your peers. It is also the go-to place for continuing education.
- What are you looking forward to in your upcoming year as board chair?
I’m looking forward to carrying the torch of my predecessors who have paved the way and positioned THT as an elite organization of health care professionals.
- What are the biggest challenges trustees will face over the next few years?
Trying to keep up and understanding the rapid changes in health care and the uncertainty of funding sources and programs.
- What has been the most rewarding thing about your board service?
Being part of a team of dedicated board members, administrators, employees and doctors who work together to provide the best health care in our region.
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned as a board member?
Be ready to adapt or get left behind.
- What advice would you give to a new hospital board member?
Take advantage of educational opportunities through THT and the Certified Healthcare Trustees program. Read Read Read!!!