THT has updated one of our most popular resources: the Trustee Guidebook on Quality and Patient Safety. As one of the primary responsibilities of a governing board it’s vital for trustees to have a comprehensive understanding of their role in quality and patient safety oversight and improvement. THT and quality and patient safety experts have overhauled and updated our most popular guidebook which is now available for sale. The new guidebook includes discussions on:
- Defining quality
- How errors occur
- Government and payers respond by changing the system
- The board’s role in quality and patient safety
- Governance structures: quality committees
- Accrediting organizations
- The expanding role of data and information technology
- Engaging patients and families
- Addressing health disparities
- And more!
Purchase the new Trustee Guidebook: Quality and Patient Safety here.
Health care board members work in one of the most complex industries. It is imperative that board members understand the health care landscape, and more importantly, how to properly govern and lead an organization. The Trustee Guidebook series provides an in-depth look into the pillars of health care governance.
The books included in the Trustee Guidebook series are:
- Advocacy and Political Activity
- The Board Chair
- Finance and Reimbursement
- Governance (digital version available)
- The Governing Board and the CEO
- Nursing and Allied Health Professionals
- Quality and Patient Safety
Or use this PDF to place your order.
To accompany the Trustee Guidebook, THT provides Trustee Online, a video library to allow you to access education 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the comfort and convenience of your home or office. The topics compliment those covered in the Trustee Guidebook series (which can be used as a supplemental resource). You will be able to watch video presentations from industry leaders who will help you successfully lead your organization.
Special thanks to our partners Merritt Hawkins and Staff Care for their support and help in developing both the Trustee Guidebook and Trustee Online.