Safrat Wague , Trustee Programs and Engagement, at 512/465-1015.
Eligibility and Process
The nominee must be a trustee from a Texas Hospital Association- and Texas Healthcare Trustees-member hospital or health system. The institution’s membership status must be current.
Current members of the THT board of directors are not eligible.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the THT chairman, will review all nominations and make the selection. The committee reserves the right to award multiple awards.
All nominators will receive notification of the results. More details of eligibility linked here.
Award recipients are honored at the Trustee Awards Luncheon held on July 26th during the 2024 Healthcare Governance Conference at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio Riverwalk. Recipients, or a representative from their respective hospital, must attend to accept the award.
About the Awards
THT Founders’ Award
Texas Healthcare Trustees Founders’ Award is the highest honor bestowed to a trustee. The Founders’ Award is presented to a distinguished health care trustee with an exemplary record of leadership, dedication and excellence in health care governance and their community.
Previous winners of the award have exhibited outstanding service to their hospitals. The Founders’ Award was established in 1972 when it was presented to the five founders of Texas Healthcare Trustees who contributed significantly to the leadership and growth of the association. The Founders’ Award remains a symbol of dedication and excellence in leadership and health care governance.
- An individual, distinguished health care trustee.
- Previous winners of the award gave outstanding service to their hospitals through times of growth, challenge or change including:
- Steering the hospital through a reorganization or turnaround.
- Overseeing bond initiatives.
- Forging key partnerships.
- Developing new financing strategies.
- Leading growth and building phases for a hospital or system.
- Displaying decades of leadership in organization and community.
- The nomination and its completed form should be accompanied by at least one (1) letter of recommendation.
THT Governance Achievement Award
The Governance Achievement Award, for hospital boards, recognizes an exceptional hospital or health system board that has demonstrated unwavering commitment to effective governance and selfless service to their hospital and community. Nominees should embody the core principles of excellence in health care governance, which include a continuous pursuit of knowledge and serving as advocates for health care and their hospital. This esteemed award honors visionary leaders who actively collaborate to enhance the well-being of the community they are dedicated to serving.
- Nomination eligibility and award criteria:
- Nominees must be the board in its entirety.
- Nominated boards must be a THT member.
- Individuals who are nominated must be from a THT member hospital.
- Nominations can be submitted by any board member, hospital staff, or affiliate of the organization.
- Nominees should exemplify a strong commitment to fiduciary responsibilities, good governance, and exceptional leadership.
Nominators are required to complete the appropriate form. The nomination and its completed form should be accompanied by at least one (1) letter of recommendation.
The Ollie Jo Bozeman Excellence in Administrative Professionalism Award
The Ollie Jo Bozeman Excellence in Administrative Professionalism Award was created in 2018 in recognition of the significant contributions made by hospital administrative professionals in Texas. Its namesake, Ollie Jo Bozeman, has led administration and governance at the Texas Hospital Association for the last 45 years, and embodies the values and high standards of the association in every way.
The award recognizes an outstanding hospital administrative professional with an exceptional record of commitment and contributions to ensure quality in hospital governance.
- An outstanding hospital administrative professional who plays a critical role in the activities of the hospital’s board of trustees and governance.
- Examples of exemplary service include contributions to the advancement of high-quality, efficient health care services, attainment of a high level of proficiency in support of the board of directors and governance, and personification of the hospital’s values.
The nomination and its completed form should be accompanied by at least one (1) letter of recommendation.