Eligibility and Process
All nominations are due to THT by April 29, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Entries received after April 29 will not be considered.
The nominee must be a trustee from a Texas Hospital Association- and Texas Healthcare Trustees-member hospital or health system. The institution's membership status must be current.
Current members of the THT board of directors are not eligible.
An Awards Committee, appointed by the THT chairman, will review all nominations and make the selection. The committee reserves the right to award multiple awards.
All nominators will receive notification of the results.
Award recipients are honored at the Trustee Awards Luncheon held on Friday, July 29 during the 2022 Healthcare Governance Conference at the Omni Ft. Worth. Recipients, or a representative from their respective hospital, must attend to accept the award.
About the Awards
Texas Healthcare Trustees Founders' Award is the highest honor bestowed to a trustee. The Founders' Award is presented to a distinguished health care trustee with an exemplary record of leadership, dedication and excellence in health care governance and their community.
Previous winners of the award have exhibited outstanding service to their hospitals. The Founders' Award was established in 1972 when it was presented to the five founders of Texas Healthcare Trustees who contributed significantly to the leadership and growth of the association. The Founders' Award remains a symbol of dedication and excellence in leadership and health care governance.
Nominate a Colleague
- An individual, distinguished health care trustee.
- Previous winners of the award gave outstanding service to their hospitals through times of growth, challenge or change including:
- Steering the hospital through a reorganization or turnaround.
- Overseeing bond initiatives.
- Forging key partnerships.
- Developing new financing strategies.
- Leading growth and building phases for a hospital or system.
- Displaying decades of leadership in organization and community.
View last year's winner of the Founders' Award
THT Advocate of the Year Award
THT's Advocate of the Year Award (previously Star Trustee Award) recognizes an outstanding trustee, committee, or board who exhibits leadership in the legislative and regulatory arenas for the betterment of their hospital and the patients and communities they serve. Some examples include outstanding service to the Texas Hospital Association advocacy team; public service; advocating locally for their hospital's initiatives; engagement in state and/or national health care policy discussions; and/or working with local or state health agencies or government officials to improve health care.
Originally referred to as the Star Trustee Award, this was created in 2009 to recognize and encourage engagement in advocacy on behalf of hospitals, health systems and health care-related organizations to strengthen and improve the health care community. The award was given previously by the Texas Hospital Association from 2009 to 2011 to an outstanding Texas trustee.
Nominate a Colleague
- An outstanding trustee or, in the event that leadership cannot be fairly attributed to a single individual, a committee or board may be nominated.
- Examples of exemplary leadership include outstanding service to the Texas Hospital Association political action committee, HOSPAC; public service; advocating locally for their hospital’s initiatives; and engagement in state and/or national health care policy discussions.
View last year's winner of the Advocate of the Year Award
The Ollie Jo Bozeman Excellence in Administrative Professionalism Award
The Ollie Jo Bozeman Excellence in Administrative Professionalism Award was created in 2018 in recognition of the significant contributions made by hospital administrative professionals in Texas. Its namesake, Ollie Jo Bozeman, has led administration and governance at the Texas Hospital Association for the last 45 years, and embodies the values and high standards of the association in every way.
The award recognizes an outstanding hospital administrative professional with an exceptional record of commitment and contributions to ensure quality in hospital governance.
Nominate a Colleague
- An outstanding hospital administrative professional who plays a critical role in the activities of the hospital’s board of trustees and governance.
- Examples of exemplary service include contributions to the advancement of high-quality, efficient health care services, attainment of a high level of proficiency in support of the board of directors and governance, and personification of the hospital’s values.
View last year's winner of the Ollie Jo Bozeman Excellence in Administrative Professionalism Award