A Commitment to Good Governance
In this rapidly changing health care environment great leadership needs to be a constant. THT’s Certified Healthcare Trustee designation is earned through a voluntary program designed to help health care board members become better leaders and show their commitment to good governance to their hospital and community.
By earning your CHT you show that you are qualified to make effective and efficient decisions for the future of your health care organization. In this evolving industry it is vital for board members to be prepared and excel as leaders in this field. Transform from a good board member to an exceptional asset for your hospital or health care system.
By becoming a CHT you:
Need more CHT hours?
Visit our online learning library.
- Show your commitment to your community and the health care industry.
- Demonstrate your governance and health care expertise.
- Increase your confidence as a leader.
- Differentiate yourself.
- Increase your network.
Maintain Integrity: Prepared hospital leaders ensure financial integrity and community trust.
How to Become a CHT
To become a CHT, board members must complete the following:
- One year of board service.
- Twenty-four hours of continuing education within the last three years by approved sources.
- CHT Application Fee, $125.
- Pass the CHT exam with a score of 70 or higher.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your continuing education credits to see if you qualify to take the CHT exam.