Certified Healthcare Trustee (CHT)
Why Should I become a Certified Trustee?
1. Know and implement best practices of governance as well as a strong foundational knowledge of health care in order to lead efficiently and.
Are You Prepared to Lead?
Certified Healthcare Trustee designation is earned through a voluntary program designed to help health care board members become better qualified to make effective and efficient decisions for the future of their health care organizations.
In this evolving industry it is vital for board members to be prepared and excel as leaders in this field. Earning your CHT is a great way to demonstrate your competencies as a health care leader and your commitment to improving the health of your community. Transform from a good board member to an exceptional asset for your hospital or health care system.
Earn your Certified Healthcare Trustee designation:
To receive your CHT, board members must complete the following:
- Served on a hospital/health system board for at least one year;
- Completed at least 24 hours of continuing education, within the last three years, by approved sources;
- Successfully completed the CHT knowledge assessment.
- Complete your education hours
- Register for the CHT Knowledge Assessment
• Submit application fee of $100 (members) or $150 (non-members) at time of knowledge assessment;
• Pass 10 question knowledge assessment (three opportunities to pass); and
- Send in required documentation, singed off by your CEO no later than May 15th.
More details available here