Quality and Patient Safety
Quality improvement and enhancing patient safety are constant activities, and the board must remain engaged and lead initiatives to continuously improve performance and patient outcomes. The board should make quality and patient safety a primary focus for the hospital and hold management accountable for making improvements.
This module covers:
- Board responsibilities;
- Achieving quality and patient safety;
- Quality and patient safety metrics - what trustees should ask for;
- Quality reporting and accountability;
- Patient and family engagement;
- Accrediting organizations; and
- Much more!
This module provides 1.5 hours of CHT credit.
Here's a sneak preview of this module: