DVD Education Library
Texas Healthcare Trustees is now offering select trustee essentials on DVD for your board to purchase and watch on the go. We have bundled these previously recorded webinars into two new DVDs that boards can purchase for a discounted rate. Use the order form to get your DVDs today.
Business of Community Health - $49 for members/$69 for non-members
The DVD includes two webinars:
- Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver: Obstacles and Opportunities (February 2013, 45 minutes): Featuring Stacy Wilson, J.D., associate general counsel at the Texas Hospital Association. This presentation covers the goals and structure of the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver; how the waiver is being implemented throughout the state; and the opportunities and obstacles that occur as a result of it.
- Health Promotion and Prevention: Good Health is Good for Business (March 2013, 60 minutes): Featuring Eduardo Sanchez, M.D., vice president and chief medical officer at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas. This presentation covers the value-proposition associated with wellness and prevention, including lower medical care costs, delayed onset of chronic disease and higher workplace productivity.
The two webinars included on this DVD also can be purchased individually for $29 per webinar.
Equipping Hospitals to Lead - $69 for members/$89 for non-members
The DVD includes three webinars:
- Governing Quality Care, Financial Obligations and Community Impact of Your Hospital's Medical Staff (May 2012, 48 minutes): Featuring Fletcher Brown, J.D., partner at Waller Landsen Dortch & Davis LLP. This webinar educates health care boards on their roles and responsibilities with respect to their organization's interaction with and governance of the executive and medical staff.
- Is Your Hospital in Compliance, or are You Just Complacent? (April 2012, 56 minutes): Featuring Alexis J. Fuller Jr., J.D., founder and president at Alex Fuller Law PLLC. This webinar reviews the five fundamental rules of Medicare compliance as well as other rules to ensure that everyone in your facility is working to provide quality health care to patients while staying in compliance.
- Empowered Governance: Clarity That Leads to Best Practices and Strategic Growth (March 2012, 55 minutes): Featuring Kevin Reed, J.D., shareholder at Reed, Claymon, Meeker & Hargett PLLC. This webinar educates health care boards on their roles and responsibilities. Your trustees will learn how to maximize their role in leading, rather than participating in the day-to-day management of the organization. Participants will leave this webinar with a clear vision of the difference between governance and management, and armed with best practices from high-performing boards.
The three webinars included on this DVD also can be purchased individually for $29 per webinar.
We also are releasing two governance DVDs designed specifically for rural hospitals.
Governance Essentials with Jamie Orlikoff (July 2010): This DVD features renowned health care governance expert Jamie Orlikoff. It is designed for rural CEOs and administrators as a way of educating boards on timeless issues. We recommend you approach each of the three sections of the DVD separately during board meetings so you can leave time for discussion in between. Topics include: accountable care organizations; leadership in challenging times; and best practices in governance. $29 for members/$39 for non-members
Hospital Business Governance Strategies (July 2012): This DVD features professionals from the investment banking firm Cain Brothers, which focuses specifically on the medical services industry. It is designed for rural CEOs and administrators as a way of educating boards on timeless issues. We recommend you approach each of the three sections of the DVD separately during board meetings so you can leave time for discussion in between. Topics include: mergers and acquisitions in health care; monetizing medical real estate; and the trustee's role in managing investment assets. $29 for members/$39 for non-members
To order any of the above DVDs, fax the order form to 512/692-2556.