Schedule a Program
Interested in a customized training program for your hospital board? Check out our Onsite Education Brochure for more details about customized workshops.
Additionally, feel free to Contact THT for more information.
Texas Healthcare Trustees offers various customized training options for your board. Based on the depth of your needs, THT can assist with program design, recommending/hiring speakers and on-site staffing. Programs can range from issues-driven 30-45 minute speeches by the THT CEO, to half- or full-day intensive workshops. This training can be held at your hospital, a local hotel or meeting facility. Current training options include board retreats and workshops with opportunities to bring in nationally recognized governance experts. Learn more about THT's Customized Board Training here.
THT has established nine core essentials for successful board service and
can offer workshop topics in the following areas:
- Advocacy and political activity;
- Community health and relations;
- Finance and reimbursement;
- The governing board and CEO;
- Health care delivery;
- Nursing and allied health professionals;
- Physicians and medical staff; and
- Quality and patient safety.
Some of the most commonly requested topics for board workshops include:
- Board roles and responsibilities;
- Governing to greatness tips;
- Strategic planning;
- Board self-assessment;
- Board’s role in quality and patient safety;
- Physician employment and relations;
- Health care finances;
- State and federal legislative update;
- Executive and physician compensation; and
- Health care reform and the Affordable Care Act.
Learn more about customized board training here.