The mission of Texas Healthcare Trustees is to provide education, resources and leadership development to inspire excellence in health care governance. THT assists board members and health care leaders in navigating the challenges of leading health care organizations. In order to help meet trustees’ educational and resource needs, THT is providing rural hospitals and their boards with in-kind complimentary attendance scholarships for the 2019 Healthcare Governance Conference in San Antonio through the THT Rural Trustee Scholarship Program.
Scholarship application is open to rural THT-member health care organizations. A rural county is defined as a county that has a population of 150,000 or less; or with respect to a county that has a population of more than 150,000 and contains geographic area that is not delineated as urbanized by the federal census bureau, that part of the county that is not delineated as urbanized. The organization must be current with THT membership dues.
Eligible organizations may submit funding requests by completing the THT application.
- Up to 2 individual board members may be nominated for scholarship per rural hospital.
- Nomination must be made by a member of the hospital leadership team or their designee and approved by the CEO/administrator.
- Awarded trustee(s) must be able to attend the 2019 Healthcare Governance conference in San Antonio held at the JW Marriott Hotel July 18 - 20. Substitution of another trustee from the same hospital may be made up to 2 weeks prior to the conference.
- Value of award is in-kind only, there is no cash value provided to the hospital or an individual trustee. There will be no refund or exchange if hospital/trustee cannot send a representative after being notified of award.
- No refunds will be issued for trustees already registered for the 2019 Healthcare Governance Conference.
- All travel expenses are the responsibility of the hospital/trustee to attend the conference in San Antonio.
Application & Review Process
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a panel of THT board members Once applicants are selected, THT will send notification of scholarship acceptance with instructions to the hospital CEO/administrator.
Decision Communicated By*
May 13 – June 10
Texas Healthcare Trustees
Attn: Shannon Luckey, Senior Specialist, Trustee Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 512/465-1071