Texas Healthcare Trustees offers various customized training options for your board. Based on the depth of your needs, THT can assist with program design, recommending/hiring speakers and on-site staffing. Programs can range from issues-driven 30-45 minute of education, to half- or full-day intensive workshops. This training can be held at your hospital, a local hotel or meeting facility. Learn more about formats and options for Customized Board Training here.
Some of the most commonly requested topics for board workshops include:
- Board roles and responsibilities.
- Governing to greatness tips.
- Strategic planning.
- Board self-assessment.
- Quality and patient safety.
- Physician employment and relations.
- Health care finances.
- State and federal legislative update.
- Executive and physician compensation.